Monday 19 October 2009

Graphic DNA_

This project with Caroline Archer focuse on Birmingham's heritage and unique culture through the letter forms we see throughout the city. We will see patterns of font design, which make Birmingham the city it is. We will take photos of the city and collect our findings in a communal folder.

A poster I created with the Birmingham based font Baskerville:


Birmingham in font is a play on words to Birmingham in front. It means that Birmingham was once at the fore front of typography.

Sketch Book Work


Photos from around town, I have taken:










Type Influences:









The type I want to create will use wood as the main material. I would like to create a slab serif font, with Baskerville styled counters.

Letterforms-



Object to be made: I would like to create a new Birmingham information point. I will make a small scale model. The main influence will come from X Architects. This is a cutting edge architect movement, developing futuristic yet minimal buildings. Here are some examples:












No comments:

Post a Comment